Get a jump-start on learning—participate in a workshop. Participants do not have to be registered for the 28th Annual ASHP Conference for Pharmacy Leaders to attend Managers’ Boot Camp. A separate registration is required. Attendance will be limited to ensure optimal participant benefit, so register early in order to secure your spot.
ASHP reserves the right to cancel a pre-meeting workshop for reasons that make it impractical or unreasonable to conduct. If that occurs, each registrant will be issued a full refund.
- For complete session details, view the Session Schedule & Itinerary Planner.
Sunday, October 15
Managers’ Boot Camp
Time: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
ACPE Activity #: 0204-0000-23-520-L04-P
Contact Hours: 7.00
Workshop Fee: $405 ($475 for non-members) (Lunch and break included; registration limited)
Pharmacists promoted into management positions often find themselves challenged by tasks and responsibilities for which they lack specific training. While strong clinical acumen is an important competency for pharmacy managers, there are many other critical skills pharmacists must possess in order to be effective managers and leaders. Managers must understand how to build and leverage key relationships within the organization, build effective teams within their departments, lead and develop staff members, establish and implement new programs and services, track performance, and develop strategic plans for their departments. They must also be skilled at presenting ideas to senior leadership and understanding the factors that drive decisions of health system administrators in order to expand the services and contributions of the pharmacy department.
The Managers’ Boot Camp workshop is designed for managers, directors, and clinical leaders who are interested in developing the skills necessary to advance new services and programs within their organizations. The current program will feature instructional presentations and a workshop consisting of facilitated team-based projects and presentations focused on the following core areas:
- Application of systems thinking to improve safety and outcomes
- Action-oriented strategic planning – for managers to turn environmental changes into sustainable services and outcomes
- Accountability – Pharmacy finance and revenue cycle basics leadership success
- Alignment of skills and strengths – Building your team to meet the demands of tomorrow
- Describe the use of systems thinking to improve safety and outcomes.
- Assess financial and quality indicators that influence health-system administrator decisions in strategic planning.
- Apply strategies to advance pharmacy services through staff engagement, customer feedback, and personnel management.
- Identify behaviors needed by pharmacy managers to communicate the value of pharmacy to senior leadership and others.
- Explain steps for development of a business plan for new or expanded services.
Time: 8 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Contact Hours: 7.00 | Knowledge-based
Workshop Fee: There is no fee to attend this workshop (continental breakfast and lunch are included; registration is limited to 250 participants.)
340B University in-person training is provided as a full-day educational program offered by the HRSA 340B Prime Vendor Program (PVP), managed by Apexus. 340B University is intended for those new to 340B and is designed to meet the practical needs of all 340B stakeholders. Participants learn from 340B subject matter experts and experienced faculty. Continuing education credit is available for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Registration Coming Soon!